Recently I shared an email from a lovely young woman who shared with me her admiration for the way I live my life. This was a huge compliment and such a great validation for what I am doing in my life.
I posted her email to a blog here: https://lovellycommunications.com/2013/05/20/an-email-reminder-of-why-i-do-what-i-do/
I’d like to also share with you my response to her and the advice I gave in how to live and work the life you want. This was a great reminder. Maybe ask yourself “Why do I do what I do?”
- Change is the only constant. You need to learn to accept change and move with it. Change is always happening and will always happen, your ability to ADAPT is what is key!
- Live each day as if it were your last! Recently I lost a friend to a heart attack. He was 24. It shook me to my core. He lived his life with passion – he climbed Kilimanjaro and Machu Picchu (actually with me) and he made the most of life. Do what you love and just live.
- Life has ups and downs. Don’t ever ask for normal. You know on a heart monitor what happens when the line is straight and flat… you’re dead! So go with the highs and lows- this means you are living!
- Don’t look at the rest of your life and feel overwhelmed. Start to look more short term. Take each day as a lesson – mistakes you learn from and opportunities are there for taking. IT’s all about learning. Don’t let it overwhelm or consume you – then you won’t enjoy.
- You don’t need a lot of money! Please don’t think I’m rich. Well actually, I am Rich! I’m rich in memories, in friendships, in the blessings that life has given me. $$ come and go – it’s the memories we make and the moments we share that make it all worthwhile.