My passion for Travel writing and travel itself led me to attend the TravelMassive meet ups that I learnt about through Twitter. Gath Adams was one of the great people I met at one of the Melbourne meet ups and I loved his business concept and his passion for travel. I want that Flight is his website, helping travellers all over to find the best deals for them!
Learn more about how Gath has found a balance of travel, work, play, family, business and friends. He seems to be doing a pretty great job of living the life he wants to lead! Kudos to you!
- Name; Gath Adams
- Occupation/ business: I Want That Flight (http://iwantthatflight.com.au )
- Position: Owner
- Country of Residence; Australia
- email/contact/ website
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IWantThatFlight
- Give us your elevator pitch. What does your business do?
We compare airlines and travel agencies to find you the cheapest flights. We save you time, because you can compare lots of sites in one go and money because we find you the cheapest flights without charging any fees.
- Why did you start your business?
- What’s your passion?
and getting enough sleep after 1&2
- What do you love most about running your business? I have very flexible working hours, and so get to spend a lot of time with my young family.
- What are three difficulties you face in running your business?
- Marketplace is extremely competitive.
- Airlines are doing it tough, so commissions are slim to non-existent
- Meta search is not well-known in Australia, so consumer education can be a challenge.
- What are three pieces of advice you would give to someone starting their own business?
- Try to make every expense contribute to earnings.
- Don’t let competitors distract you.
- Stay focussed, don’t try every gimmick you read about on the net.
- Tell us, with an anecdote, why your business has changed your life?
Freedom. I don’t have to be anywhere in particular, or at any particular time, and the business keeps going.
- How do you manage a work/life balance?
I love running my business, so I spend as much time with family & friends as possible then fill up the remaining time with work.
- The best book to read before starting a business or when running a business?
Almost any book on marketing. You probably already know your product/service inside out, but the importance of marketing is something I see small businesses struggle with all the time.
- Your favourite inspiration/ motivation/ business quote?
“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”
- The 4 words that best describe your business?
Easy Fast Cheap Flights