It’s a new year and it’s the time when we all sit down with a big new notepad and map out how our year is going to be!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work out as we planned and this can leave us feeling disillusioned.
This should not stop us in this time of excitement! But instead encourage us to do this planning and re-visiting of goals continently throughout the year.
We can’t just throw it out to the universe and hope the rest just sorts itself out. Dreams take work! And they can come true! It’s just sometimes we forget how much work goes into them.
Here’s a few things to remember when writing out your goals for an incredible 2016:
1. Set a timeframe – when will you achieve your goal? How long will it take? When will you check in to see if it’s taking shape
2. Write it down – use that notepad. Add colour. Make a vision board. Just get it out of your head and into the world – then you can work towards it.
3. Share your plans with friends or trusted colleagues – speaking your dreams and goals can help you to achieve them. Again, make them a reality by having a real life sounding board. Perhaps ask this friend to keep you accountable too.
4. Be realistic – this one is for me! You cannot write 5 blogs a day everyday day Emma! Aim for a goal you can achieve, if you review it and can build on it later in the year, great! But don’t make take too many leaps before you’ve taken the first step.
5. Take the first step – whatever it is, signing up for a course, training for a climb, building a new website – just start!! It’s the hardest part but it will be a big weight off your shoulders.