Sometimes… we get busy! Everything is mad and things just seem too much. How on earth can we fit in a well constructed tweet, clever facebook post and respond to messages on linkedin!
Social media doesn’t need to be viewed as yet another thing to do on your to-do list. Here are a few tips to help you engage quickly and effectively throughout the week.
- Retweet – Can’t think of something great to say? Why not share an article, share an event or the view of a like minded person.They will appreciate the kudos and you are engaging with your audience.Share a facebook post or linkedin update. Show the love.
- Say thanks – a simple thank you! To a tweet, facebook post or linkedin message can make the person who reached out to you feel acknowledged and appreciated.
- Share an article – read something interesting lately? Why not share it with your audience. It’s quick and easy and you’ve also learnt something at the time!
- Plan – make a day a week to plan out your posts. Whether you use an excel doc, word doc or just a notepad. Spend half an hour thinking about what you want to say for the week instead of panicking in the moment.
- Schedule – Schedule posts in advance. Facebook now offers this feature or you could use Hootsuite. Take some time when you’re feeling creative to schedule in some posts so that your audience hear from you.
We don’t need to re-invent the wheel to engage on social media. We just need to practice basic practices of communication. If you are spoken to, speak to, if someone reaches out to you, acknowledge them and respond. And it’s not all work – we have lots of fun making connections on social media.
Connect with us: