- Name; Matthew Brine
- Occupation/ business: The Fundraising People, making profits for non-profits
- Position: Director
- Country of Residence; Australia
- email/contact/ website : firstname.lastname@example.org, 0425244444, www.thefundraisingpeople.com.
- Twitter handle/ Facebook/ Linkedin/ YouTube page; @Fund_Raisers Facebook: the fundraising people. https://www.facebook.com/thefundraisingpeople
The Fundraising People
- Give us your elevator pitch. What does your business do?
We raise money for non profits by inspiring members of the public on the street and in shopping centres to think about some other than themselves and give a regular donation, via their bank account or credit card, to a cause that makes a difference to people all over the World.
8. When did you start your business? November 2008
9. What’s your passion? Raising $ for charity, my family, making a difference ensuring a leave a positive legacy
10. What do you love most about running your business? My awesome team of inspired leaders.
The Fundraising People
11.What are three difficulties you face in running your business?
- Public apathy
- Making profit whilst working with non-profits
- Hitting our ambitious targets12. What are three pieces of advice you would give to someone starting their own business?
1. Get a good accountant and ensure you have a handle on the $
2. Ensure you have staff that are disciplined and passionate
3. Find out what you are best at and stick to it
13. Tell us, with an anecdote, why your business has changed your life?
Everyday I wake up knowing my work saves lives. I work with an awesome bunch of people who are all committed to changing the world for the better by saving lives and making a difference.
14. How do you manage a work/life balance? It is tricky as my wife is a fellow Director. I ensure that I take time off to spend with the kids, I especially enjoy the spontaneous decisions to go to the beach or the movies… The kids love the excitement!
15. What movie most inspires you in running your business? Gandhi springs to mind. His total commitment to his passion in a non violent way is truly inspirational and something we talk about with our fundraisers a lot.
16. The best book to read before starting a business or when running a business? the E-Myth is an absolute must. I read it before starting my business and it made a huge difference in the set up phase.
17. Your favourite inspiration/ motivation/ business quote?
|Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change …|
|Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” ― Margaret Mead|
18. The 4 words that best describe your business? Inspired, Leadership, Passionate, Community